Thursday 23 October 2014

Tragedy Strikes In Our Backyard

Ottawa Parliament Shooting

#MyOttawa

 
 
"In brazen shootings in Ottawa Wednesday, an armed attacker identified by CBC News as Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, a Canadian born in 1982, shot and fatally wounded a Canadian Forces member at the National War Memorial before heading to Parliament's Centre Block, where he was shot dead."

News like this never seems to strike as close to home as this. I always hear and see things within the news about terrorism attacks, and although I personally don't live in Ottawa, this is our nations Capital and no matter what, as a Canadian, you cant help or fight that overwhelming feeling that these things are happening too close to home. I have true faith in our government and in our defense system in Canada, and I know that although we pride ourselves on being peaceful, everyone will be on slight edge for the next little while.
 
I want to offer my sincerest condolences for the Cirillo's family and friends who lost a very young and brave member of their family yesterday morning. "Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, 24, was shot while on honorary guard at the National War Memorial. Ottawa Police announced hours after the shooting that the soldier shot at the memorial had died."
 
R.I.P
Cpl. Nathan Cirillo

 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment